Print Club at (new) Newark Print Shop
Date(s): February 12, 2017 at 6:00pm - December 27, 2017 at 10:00pm
Location: Newark Print Shop
The Newark Print Shop’s PRINT CLUB is a weekly open studio for artists of all levels to come and make art together. Inspired by a flier at the Newark Public Library for a past print club, NPS Print Club was created to revive the interest in the fine art of printmaking in the city of Newark.
PRINT CLUB began in January 2013, and quickly gained momentum as a community hub and true gathering around the printing press!
During PRINT CLUB, artists have access to:
- 24″ Conrad Etching Press
- 12″ Showcard Proof Letterpress, metal and wood type
- Ferric Chloride Etching Tank (for copper plates)
- Thermofax Machine for alternative screenprinting
- Homemade exposure unit for traditional screenprinting and cyanotypes
- Shop silkscreens for use during open studio
- Film photography darkroom for black and white film developing
- Brayers + Burnishers
- Squeegees + silkscreens
- Work table with clamps
- A community of printmaking enthusiasts!
To participate, just bring your curiosity and ideas for creating fine art prints. We do have some materials on hand, including paper and inks, however feel free to bring your own supply to execute a specific project.
You do not have to be a studio member of the shop to participate, but we do ask for a small donation of $10 for entry.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020