Second Sundays: Native American Culture
Date(s): April 9, 2017 at 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Newark Museum
The Newark Museum is celebrating Native American culture at its Second Sunday program on Sunday, April 9 from noon to 5 pm. The program features lectures; performances; tours; art and science demonstrations, and workshops; music; and baked goods. All events are free with admission unless otherwise noted. Admission is free for Members and Newark residents.
The program will include:
- NJPAC Wells Fargo Jazz for Teens Ensemble
- Presentations of poetry and spoken word
- Performances by musicians, dancers and theatrical groups
- Lectures and conversations by artists, scientists and others
- Newark Museum through the Eyes of Gallery Aferro Artists tour and discussion with Michael Wolf, a New York City artist working primarily in sculpture and installation
- Demonstrations and workshops presented by artists and “makers” inspired by the Museum’s exhibitions
- Pop-Ups and Drop-Ins
- Hands-on Creative Play and Family Gallery Workshops
- Docent-led and teen-led gallery tours
Second Sundays are presented by the Horizon Foundation for New Jersey. Additional support is provided by United. For further information, visit www.newarkmuseum.org.