Late Thursdays: October 2017
Date(s): October 19, 2017 at 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Newark Museum
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment.
• Get inspired by musical, dance, and spoken word performances from Tony Award winner and 4x Grammy nominee, Melba Moore; rapper, actress, and activist, Rah Digga; singer, activist, and Broadway star, Frenchie Davis; visual vanguard, Storyboard P; and poet, Hurtjohn.
- Witness the debut of dramatic readings from, “Hawks Tavern,” an historical play set during the Newark Riots, written by Lori Roper and Rick Sordelet.
- View new media art and documentary film reflecting on the state of Newark today presented by Skate NWK.
- Engage in day-long community art-making projects to reflect on what Newark was, is, and will be.
- Become part of history by contributing to the Museum’s time capsule.
- Creatively respond to never-before-seen archival works of art from the Museum’s collection made at the time of the uprising.