Date(s): November 3, 2017 at 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Newark Museum
Celebrate with us!
Reopening of the Louis Bamberger Entrance on Washington Street, as well as the reinstallation of:
Arts of Global Africa
Art of the Ancient Mediterranean: Egypt, Greece & Rome
Tickets: $40 in advance; $50 at the door
Party like the Roman god of new beginnings – Janus - as we celebrate the Museum’s new entrance and reinstallation of the Arts of Global Africa and Ancient Mediterranean galleries. Enthrall your senses with live music, dance performances, gallery experiences, and fusion cuisine inspired by the cultures of Africa and the Ancient Mediterranean.
- Dance to the sounds of Libation’s DJ Ian Friday.
- Feel the rhythm with an interactive drumming set by Curtis Watts.
- Watch Yasser Darwish spin, whirl, and twirl as he performs the Egyptian tanoura dance.
- Become mesmerized by belly dancer, Syreena Nikole.
- Snap a selfie with our extravagantly costumed model, Darrell Thorne and join a fun photo challenge in our Arts of Global Africa gallery.
- The writing’s on the magnets for a hieroglyphic inspired keepsake project.
- new museum opening