Enrollment Assistance Sites Open
From August 27 through September 10, five Enrollment Assistance Sites will be open from 4-8pm to assist families with enrollment issues and concerns. The sites will be overseen by the Office of Comprehensive Community Education in the Mayor’s Office.
Each site will be staffed by volunteers from the City as well as staff from the Newark Public Schools (NPS) who will speak with families and conduct intake of enrollment issues and concerns. Families will receive follow-up from the district within 48 hours of their visit to the Enrollment Assistance Site.
When a parent arrives at the Enrollment Assistance Site they will:
- Meet with a volunteer to complete an intake form
- Receive a record of their visit to the Enrollment Assistance Site
After completing an intake form at an Enrollment Assistance Site a parent can expect:
- Follow-up from NPS within 48hours of visit to Enrollment Assistance Site
- Follow-up from the Mayor’s office within 72 hours of visit to Enrollment Assistance Site 3. On-going support from the Mayor’s office
There will be one site in each ward:
- South Ward: Donald Tucker Center
23-35 Elizabeth Avenue
- West Ward: Jehovah –Jireh Praise & Worship Church Center
505 South 15th Street
- East Ward: Emanuel Church
277 Oliver Street
- Central Ward: The Willing Heart Community Care Center
555 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- North Ward: Ebenezer Pentecostal Temple
204 Montclair Avenue
For more information call 973-733-6400