Real Newark Wedding: Kai & Tamara
What better way to celebrate the union of a couple that met in Newark with a really Newark-centric wedding. Tamara, the publisher of NewarkPulse.com, met her husband, Kai Campbell, Newark-born and raised real-estate and small business developer at the launch of GlocallyNewark.com in downtown Newark.
They wed in May with their ceremony at St. Patrick's Pro Cathedral on Washington Street and then moved to dance the night away at the Mezzanine at 744 Broad Street along the way they took portraits at their favorite places: Halsey Street, Paramount Theater and Penn Station.
The couple wanted to use as many Newark vendors to promote the city where they met, now live and love! Here's just some of them.
- Mompou Restaurant for rehearsal dinner
- Santos Florist for flowers/bouquets
- Akintola Hanif and Dawan Alford as photographers
- Jerry Gant created a one-of-a-kind wedding topper
- Dryden Mansion gorgeous hidden gem in Lincoln Park for post-wedding brunch
- Janetza a phenomenal singer from Skipper's Pub
- African drummers by Zul on Halsey Street
- Bow tie made by Michael Lamont and material from Halsey Fabrics
- Centerpiece and decor supplies from Mueller's Supply
- AND Special thanks to videographer Brian of West Front Productions
What Tamara said of wedding: "Every aspect of the wedding was truly reflective of us as a couple. It was great to use and support local businesses in a city where our love started and flourished."